Construct and Implement Your Own Lighting Designs with the most trusted guide to stage lighting!
An entertaining and educational read, author Steven Louis Shelley draws from his 35+ years of diverse experience to bring you the step-by-step technical tools for getting the job done along with real-life examples of projects from start to finish. Learn why some techniques are successful while others fail with 'Shelley's Notes' and 'Shelley's Soapbox,' all with a humor that guides you through complex problems and concepts.
Some of the topics covered:
* Deduction of the research, production meetings, and personal choices that result in evolution of the core lighting design documents
* Chapters analyzing technical specifications, advancing production facilities, and turning that information into accurate draftings
* Illustrated step-by-step construction of some of the systems in the preliminary light plot
* Examination of the processes involved in construction and submission of shop orders, and reacting to bids, cuts and changes that affect the light plot
* Discussions about preparations prior to the load-in, including prepping the lighting rental package, creating truck packs, and watching run-throughs
This enlightening reference is a necessary addition to anyone serious about stage lighting.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title